Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Law School to Offer Hybrid Online JD

(1/2) > >>

cobes1996:
Check it out...it may be a small step into the right direction

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/12/law-school-to-offer-hybrid-online-j-d-but-the-tuition-will-be-traditional-as-all-get-out/

lawyurd:
This program starts in 2015 and it should be no surprise that the former president of Concord Law is behind this.

GovLaw:
In 20 years people will look back in disbelief at the short-sighted policies of the ABA and traditional law schools.  The JD will be offered in an entirely online environment, and cost will plummet.  That is my prediction for the future - now I must go to my flying car and speed off to my job in the cloud city.....

jonlevy:
LOL!  $108,000 4 year estimated tuition for that....

IrrX:
I seriously don't even get the ABA's hangup over this. A law student can just as easily sit in a dorm room, apartment, or Starbucks, for that matter, and check Facebook while pretending to pay attention to a law school lecture via webcam, responding via microphone if called on, and have the same pathetic experience as law school students are having now, likely in a more comfortable chair. The only real difference is networking, and that usually takes place outside class anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version