Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Repeated information on certain applications on LSAC  (Read 307 times)

bertinellis

• View Profile
Repeated information on certain applications on LSAC
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
Hello all!
This might be a bit of a silly question but

There are certain school applications that are asking for me to disclose information that is already on my Resume
For example, some ask for: List all awards, honors, scholarships, etc, that you've received.
Most of these questions are not required so I can skip them but at the same time I like my applications looking neat and completely filled out.
Is it better for me to leave them blank or no if such information will be supplied on the Resume? For some of these applications the resume is optional, for some it's required.
This is a "Will it look good cause it means I took time to fill everything out" or "I'm repetitive and can't think critically,I could've left them blank"

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: Repeated information on certain applications on LSAC
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:56:02 AM »
Just copy and paste it. It's not like they're going to spend a lot of time looking at your file, so the more often it appears in your application packet, the more chances they have of actually reading it at some point. Not that anything beyond your GPA and LSAT score are going to make much of a difference, though I'm sure they're always on the lookout for something meaningful, like "developed a treatment for small-cell carcinoma."
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated information on certain applications on LSAC
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:33:57 AM »
I would say just fill it out never hurts to add a resume, but as Irrx said it really will not make much of a difference. Remember a few admission officers are reading 1000's of applications and they are not nitpicking every detail. Your LSAT/GPA will be the basis of the decision and you should have a competent personal statement, adding these additions or not will probably account for less than 1% of the decision, but you might as well provide more information there is nothing to lose.