Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Being a runner  (Read 362 times)

nicholas.nurre

• View Profile
Being a runner
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
My biggest goal in life is to be a lawyer so I was SUPER excited to hear I might be able to work as a runner for a family friend's law firm. It will be over the summer (I will be 15 by then). I know roughly what a runner is but I don't know what to expect for someone my age, such as the importance of the jobs or how busy it might be. I'm just afraid I might mess up. Again, this job is really important to me because it would be great to put on a resume that I started working at a law firm at 15. I just need a general idea of how a small, private law firm runs and what it takes to be a runner.

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Being a runner
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:34 AM »
When you say runner what does that entail exactly? Just filing documents at the Courthouse?

If that is the case everything should be fine all you are doing is having the clerk stamp documents then bringing them back. It is a good gig for a high school kid and you can read the motions, pleadings, etc so you have some flavor for the law.

Good luck on your pursuit of a legal career and feel free to post on this board with other questions you might have since it can be a quality resource. Good luck.