Law School Discussion

Distance Learning

Re: Distance Learning
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 07:09:22 PM »

That just means go to one of the on campus (but still not ABA) schools for year one and then transfer online............(if that is the only reason) and you'd be exempt

That would be cheating!  We only do online here.
[/quote]
1. learn to quote
2. You don't know what cheating means
3. you have no clue what the CA bar rules are then either...............you idiot

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »

1. learn to quote
3. you have no clue what the CA bar rules are then either...............you idiot

That was a joke. But you'll make a good lawyer LOL.

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »

1. learn to quote

That was a joke. But you'll make a good lawyer LOL.
already am one.......thus why I don't hide behind the work "practitioner"

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:38 PM »

already am one.......thus why I don't hide behind the work "practitioner"

But not in California apparently - Quote from: Matthias Pavayne on February 28, 2016, 07:09:22 PM

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 07:22:40 AM »
What I mean is you seem seriously ticked off about nothing in particular.  It is worth repeating that going to online school in the UK and then taking a LLM seems like a round about way to get to the California Bar unless one was trying to avoid the FYLSE.  In which case it is brilliant.  Sure one can go for a year to a bricks and mortar school too, but us online grads pride ourselves on doing it the hard way.  I intentionally dropped out of law school the first semester so I could do it purely online (though I didn't know it at the time what a brilliant move I was making).  Sure other lawyers may sneer but that would have done that anyway.

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 04:14:12 PM »
What I mean is you seem seriously ticked off about nothing in particular.  It is worth repeating that going to online school in the UK and then taking a LLM seems like a round about way to get to the California Bar unless one was trying to avoid the FYLSE.  In which case it is brilliant.  Sure one can go for a year to a bricks and mortar school too, but us online grads pride ourselves on doing it the hard way.  I intentionally dropped out of law school the first semester so I could do it purely online (though I didn't know it at the time what a brilliant move I was making).  Sure other lawyers may sneer but that would have done that anyway.
It took you that long to come back to this thought........really??
And dropping out first year (if you were doing ok) is pretty stupid. BUT at least that is exempt from first year bar exam. IF someone was going to do it online I'd say do that first year on an Accredited school (not all on campus is accredited in the eyes of the bar-even if DETC or whoever does)

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
I chose to do the distance learning UK LLB versus distance learning non-aba JD degree because it made the most sense regarding my situation.  I'm over 40 well established in my career, I make over 100k yr, so quitting my job at this stage of my life didn't make sense.  I was able to gain two law degrees in 4 years while maintaining my career and not uproot my family.  The total cost of my legal education was about 20k.  I was able to get tuition assistance through my employer by using my company benefits which reduced my out of pocket cost to less than 10k.  In summary, I was able to keep my career, lifestyle, gain an accredited law degree in England and obtain a US LLM degree from a ABA approved law school.  I have no regrets, I knew fully the pros and cons before I even started my law journey.  I had majority of negative comments from this site even before I started my journey, it didn't stop me, I still came back and posted my progress.  I plan on taking the bar exam in 2017 and eventually take the QLTS to become a English solicitor.  I'll check back in next year.

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »
If so......you are an even bigger idiot that the burger king worker who made an attempt at it.
You wasted energy and time to change nothing.

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
If so......you are an even bigger idiot that the burger king worker who made an attempt at it.

He or she made decisions based on personal circumstances. Perhaps you would have made different choices for yourself. This is a poor reason to call somebody an idiot. An attorney knows better than to scrutinize the validity of other people's decisions exclusively in light of his or her own situation, which is what you are doing. Sure, for you to follow his path would be a poor decision. But the inverse is no less true.

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »

LMAFO! - you're funny.  You sound angry and frustrated??  You're entitled to your opinion.  Bottom line is I received two law degrees for 20k and I didn't have to incur any debt to obtain my legal education without any loans and I was able to keep my career and I'm now eligible to sit for a few bar exams in the United States.  Not bad for a burger king worker LOL