Law School Discussion

Distance Learning

Re: Distance Learning
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
Many schools have a distance learning,so the  degree certificate will be formal ?
I always thought that the distance education  effect is not good

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »
I posted this thread over a year ago, I was still pursing my LLB at the time.  Whelp!  I graduated  a few months ago.  I had my degree evaluated by agency approved by the California Bar Examiners and the evaluation of my LLB was a success.  I will be starting in Jan 2015 an LLM program at an approved ABA school.  I will also be receiving tuition reimbursement from my employer which will keep my cost down.  Upon completion of my LLM, I will be eligible for the Washington State and California Bar exam.

barprephero

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »
I posted this thread over a year ago, I was still pursing my LLB at the time.  Whelp!  I graduated  a few months ago.  I had my degree evaluated by agency approved by the California Bar Examiners and the evaluation of my LLB was a success.  I will be starting in Jan 2015 an LLM program at an approved ABA school.  I will also be receiving tuition reimbursement from my employer which will keep my cost down.  Upon completion of my LLM, I will be eligible for the Washington State and California Bar exam.
This just strikes me as a waste of time and resources. Why spend twice the time? There are online CA ones if that was your goal. And if you get a 160 LSAT many of the lower ranked law schools will give you a free ride (even cheaper than what you did) And to be frank if you can't get a 160 LSAT you shouldn't be in law school anyways IMHO. Its meant to be a gatekeeper.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »
LOL that's funny.  Well go for it, best of luck to you on pursuing your education.  Where are you in the process?  I just have 1 yr left and I got to keep my job and career in tack while pursing a legal education. As far as going to law school full-time that is not an option and would not be a smart move for my situation.

barprephero

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 08:56:42 PM »
LOL that's funny.  Well go for it, best of luck to you on pursuing your education.  Where are you in the process?  I just have 1 yr left and I got to keep my job and career in tack while pursing a legal education. As far as going to law school full-time that is not an option and would not be a smart move for my situation.
you.........didn't even read what I wrote did you?

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 06:41:18 AM »
Checking back in!  I posted on this site 4 yrs ago when I started my law journey.  I received a lot of comments that it couldn't be done.  Well 4 years later I have a UK LLB and ABA LLM degree.  My foreign law degree has already been evaluated by an agency approved on the Cali Bar examiners list.  The evaluation was a success.  I plan to take the July 2016 or Feb 2017 bar exam.  Best of luck to all pursuing their dreams, keep your eyes on the prize.

Kobayashi Maru

• Amplecti lactaverunt !
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
Checking back in!  I posted on this site 4 yrs ago when I started my law journey.  I received a lot of comments that it couldn't be done.  Well 4 years later I have a UK LLB and ABA LLM degree.  My foreign law degree has already been evaluated by an agency approved on the Cali Bar examiners list.  The evaluation was a success.  I plan to take the July 2016 or Feb 2017 bar exam.  Best of luck to all pursuing their dreams, keep your eyes on the prize.

congrats

make sure to mention this on http://www.all4jds.com
since they are mostly CA online grads out there and ask questions about stuff like if what you described is doable

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »
There is one distinct advantage, no California First Year Law Student Exam required.  Let's face it the FYLSE has about a 20% pass rate. Bypassing that is smart if you have time and resources. A UK LLB, US LLM and a bar pass course would put one in a good position to pass the bar.  The FYLSE is always dicey.  Online law is a numbers game, this shaves the odds down a bit.

Kobayashi Maru

• Amplecti lactaverunt !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
There is one distinct advantage, no California First Year Law Student Exam required.  Let's face it the FYLSE has about a 20% pass rate. Bypassing that is smart if you have time and resources. A UK LLB, US LLM and a bar pass course would put one in a good position to pass the bar.  The FYLSE is always dicey.  Online law is a numbers game, this shaves the odds down a bit.
That just means go to one of the on campus (but still not ABA) schools for year one and then transfer online............(if that is the only reason) and you'd be exempt

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »

That just means go to one of the on campus (but still not ABA) schools for year one and then transfer online............(if that is the only reason) and you'd be exempt
[/quote]

That would be cheating!  We only do online here.