Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD Needs to Modernize Site  (Read 2296 times)

Kay Q

• View Profile
LSD Needs to Modernize Site
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »
I wish LSD would upgrade the boards to something similar to other popular sites (including TLS).  Make LSD easier to maneuver around.  It would be nice if LSD would offer a rundown of the schools.  I think one attraction of TLS is their school rundown, although many of their school profiles have not been updated in years. 

I won’t go on a rant why TLS has gone into the crapper, but the short of it is, their owner became successful in CA and has basically turned the place over to board admins who are unemployable and against anyone happy with their law school outcome.  It’s a mess.  Because of this, and other factors, TLS has basically cut itself off from advertisers.  So the opportunity for LSD to be the prime law discussion forum (and one that would attract advertisers) is available. 

I do not know what expense is involved to set up an attractive and easy to maneuver site, but if it doable, the need is here.  Rebranding this site with good admins would easily make LSD the top choice. 

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: LSD Needs to Modernize Site
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
Could not agree more Top Law Schools has a nice website, but awful information. Those that post on this board offer actual insight and a dose of reality. Hopefully, the site can be updated and those seeking law school advice can find more reasonable information on law school discussion.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »
I'm not even sure that TLS has a better format, I just think the general tone of the discussion more in line with what your average immature college kid can relate to. Misery loves company, and you'll never be alone on TLS. There's nothing more unintentionally hilarious than a clueless kid who's never left the suburbs but thinks he has the world all figured out. It's like seeking career advice from the Kardashians.

There is a niche to be filled, and LSD could do it.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
lsd have golden era once.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:56:39 AM »
lsd have golden era once.

A couple of them.

Unfortunately, the one who can make the changes is out of reach, and has been for a very long time. In that respect, we're in the same boat as TLS.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Kay Q

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »
The LSD owners are out of reach?  I see a few advertisements which could mean someone is around.  Are there any moderators on-board? 

What is the LSD history?  Did this site once have hundreds of posters and then it dwindled down or was it always visited by just a small handful of posters?  Was there once a fair amount of advertisers? 

I was over at TLS today.  Someone was happy about landing an offer and was immediately thrashed by the board admins for bragging….too unreal.  To me it seems like the TLS the owner tossed the keys to a nice site to some unemployable admins who sit at their keyboards all day (many with +30,000 posts…which greatly accounts for the high post activity).  However, I will say that it is not unusual that +300 posters are on-line. 

You all probably know all of that.  Just saying, if there is a way to update LSD, there is a need. 

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »
LSD used to be very active years ago and slowly started dwindling down.

At the end of the day you have to remember anything you read from anonymous internet posters needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but it would be nice if this site picked up.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 03:56:27 AM »
The LSD owners are out of reach?  I see a few advertisements which could mean someone is around.  Are there any moderators on-board? 

What is the LSD history?  Did this site once have hundreds of posters and then it dwindled down or was it always visited by just a small handful of posters?  Was there once a fair amount of advertisers? 

I was over at TLS today.  Someone was happy about landing an offer and was immediately thrashed by the board admins for bragging….too unreal.  To me it seems like the TLS the owner tossed the keys to a nice site to some unemployable admins who sit at their keyboards all day (many with +30,000 posts…which greatly accounts for the high post activity).  However, I will say that it is not unusual that +300 posters are on-line. 

You all probably know all of that.  Just saying, if there is a way to update LSD, there is a need.

Ads--if you're referring to banner ads and the like--are automated. I don't think Andrew has personally touched the site in years. I know Jeffort was trying to work with him a couple years back, just to keep things moving, but no dice. As far as moderators, I'm the last one appointed, and the only one who still shows up with any regularity. My main job is cleaning up after spammers and shills, trying to maintain some semblance of respectability for decent posters.

There have been a few periods when there were several hundred active posters on at once, but those days are long gone. All of the big-name posters have graduated law school and left this place behind. I can't really say I blame them; I'm coming up on my seventh year, very shortly, and wonder every time Julie posts how she has stuck with it so long.

Is there a need for an update? Certainly. Will it happen? No. The willingness on the part of the one person who can do it simply isn't there.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
<3 Julie lots. Cryptic fun indeed.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
To bad I always enjoyed this site it was helpful when I was OL then in law school and I enjoy posting on it now.

It is a great site and I wish it the best!