Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Resume - High School  (Read 1628 times)

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Resume - High School
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
Hi guys,

I know there has been a few threads regarding this topic, however, none on this question in specific.

My high school is highly ranked and is also a college. I completed several college credits there and LSAC will be reporting them.

I assume this warrants a place on my resume...What do you guys think?

Also, I of course have strong awards, activities and volunteer exp. here - if I do put my HS on my resume, should I also include a bullet referring to this as well?

Thanks!

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Resume - High School
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
I do not think that you will gain anything from listing your high school on your resume, even with the circumstances that you describe.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Resume - High School
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »
As Haus said it probably won't matter much and almost nobody puts their high school on their law school resume. Additionally, whatever your high school is ranked is unlikely to matter to anyone in a law school admissions committee. Maybe if your applying to a local law school and you think the high school has that good of a reputation it might merit a mention, but my guess would be law school admission committees would look at your application with 4,000 others and all ask why did he put his high school on here?  Not wow X high school he must be a genius the majority of undergrad universities are unknown to most people and high schools are even less well known so they are more likely to think you misunderstood the directions on the application.

If anything I would recommend against it as it is more likely to confuse an admissions committee than impress them. However, I am just an anonymous internet poster.