Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Graphic designer applying for law school  (Read 1627 times)

rvc27

• View Profile
Graphic designer applying for law school
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:46:20 AM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had come across any student profiles of a graphic designer turned lawyer? Any idea what would be my chances at a T14 law school? I am an Indian, but did my undergrad in Singapore/UK. I have a Upper Second Class BA hons degree in Graphic communication from Loughborough University, Uk and have been working as a designer in singapore for two years now. I plan to take my LSAT in oct and apply for the 2014 intake. Any kind of info is highly appreciated!

Cheers!

ILoveDogs

• View Profile
Re: Graphic designer applying for law school
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »
Well I'm no expert so don't quote me or anything, but it is my understanding that if you do well on the LSAT and GPA is good,  your major isn't a huge deal. I am not sure on how the other factors will come into play for you. But I don't think a graphic design major will hold you back. Hope this has been helpful.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Graphic designer applying for law school
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:58 AM »
Your profession and major mean very little in the law school admission process. It really comes down to Undergraduate GPA and LSAT. When I was in law school my classmates had been journalists, graphic designers, engineers, etc.

Getting into a T14 school is very difficult and you will need to have at least a 3.5 undergrad GPA and score in the top 10% of LSAT takers, which is unlikely. I hope you get into a T14 school, but the likelihood of that happening is minimal, but that doesn't mean you can't have a successful legal career. 90% of practicing lawyers did not attend the top 10 law schools.