Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: university of washington  (Read 1303 times)

zanardin

• View Profile
university of washington
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I took the June 2013 LSAT and got a 163. I have a 3.5 GPA. I am hoping to get admitted to U of Washington this coming admission cycle and apply for their public interest scholarship program. I am debating whether I should retake the LSAT in October. (I had scored a 167-168 pretty consistently on practice tests, so I think I can improve my score) or do you think I can be a strong candidate at U of W with my current stats? I also have two years work experience. Other schools I want to apply to: Boston University, Boston College, Fordham, American, George Washington, Vanderbilt, Emory, UNC, U of Colorado, Lewis and Clark, UC Hastings

Thank you!!

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: university of washington
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »
You've got schools from a lot of areas of the US listed there. The school you attend plays an extremely important role in where you work, so you need to ask yourself, "In which city or even state do I ideally want to work?" If you want to work in Washington state, UDub is definitely the way to go. If you want to build your career in Boston, BU, BC, and Fordham are options, though reaches, at your current numbers. If you want to work in Colorado, with a markedly diminished opportunity of working in Denver (since you didn't go to DU) that's also a possibility with your current numbers. If you want to be able to pick your market after you graduate, you definitely need to retake and do well enough to get into a school that would allow you to do that, but very few schools do.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.