Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Con Law: Avoiding...or Beating...the Scam of the Century  (Read 16639 times)

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Con Law: Avoiding...or Beating...the Scam of the Century
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »
Aloha, All -

It's been a while since I've had time to post anything here.  I thought I might post a note as to a new resource.  It's . . .

Con Law: Avoiding...or Beating...the Scam of the Century (A Real Student's Guide to Law School and the Legal Profession), by Charles Cooper and Thane Messinger

Given how outrageously expensive everything related to school is, my coauthor (Charles) and I were lucky to get this priced at $2.99, which we hope sticks.  And here's hoping this is a helpful boost to your otherwise precarious finances.  (I also got the price lowered for Law School: Getting In, Getting Good, Getting the Gold, which, part three, I hope helps as well.)

In short, Con Law is about the realities of law school and the profession, by two law school graduates, practitioners, and academicians.  While we have ourselves led charmed lives, we have also seen the darker side of the profession, which, over time, has caused us to reflect on legal education.  Law School used to be an easy sale:  spend three years, and a modest sum of money, and you were pretty much set.  This is, of course, no longer true.  But not many students are fully aware of the degree to which is is blatantly false.  Thus, this book.

For those who are wavering about law school, these are crucial perspectives to consider.  For those who are about to enter, the stakes are high.  Very high.  It is, if anything, even more important to lay out your law school "career" with a serious plan as to both how you will approach law school and how you will connect with, and convince, a future employer.

If anyone is willing to read this and provide a critique, and is otherwise reasonably impecunious (a word at least one of your first-year profs will spring on you), please send me an email, to thane@post.harvard.edu, and I will buy you a copy myself.  [Legal disclaimer:  Limited time offer!]

Thane.

Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Con-Law-Avoiding-Beating-ebook/dp/B00D2YJZM0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369886149&sr=1-1/theyounglawyersjA/

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/con-law-charles-cooper/1115443270?ean=2940016619569

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Con Law: Avoiding...or Beating...the Scam of the Century
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:30:56 AM »
I have read many of your posts and agree with what you have had to say so I am going to go deep into my pockets and spend the $2.99 on your new book. Hopefully you will start posting on this site again as well.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
I have read many of your posts and agree with what you have had to say so I am going to go deep into my pockets and spend the $2.99 on your new book. Hopefully you will start posting on this site again as well.

Aloha, Legend -

A hearty mahalo, and I'll save a mai tai when next you're in town.  = :   )

As to posting, I will try to stay a bit more visible.  It's been quite a hectic 2012 . . . wait, what year it is . . . ?

Thane.

Kingman123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
I am extremely happy to read about moltivite.. I need to read about this completely..
I'll share this info to my friends too..