Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of Acceptance?  (Read 839 times)

oberlin

• View Profile
Chances of Acceptance?
« on: May 29, 2013, 11:19:18 PM »
Asian, 23 y/o
GPA: 2.35
LSAT: 145
Minor criminal record

Keeping in mind that I am not looking to go for Harvard or anything like that, just a local law school anywhere in Texas, what are my chances?

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Chances of Acceptance?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:49 AM »
I recommend you use lawschoolnumbers.com it is probably the best site for this type of question. I am guessing South Texas College of Law, Texas Wesleyan, or St. Mary's would be your best bet.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of Acceptance?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
I would also check out the admissions profiles available on LSAC. You can find your GPA/LSAT range, and for each school it will show how many applied and how many were accepted within that range.

The schools that livinglegend pointed out are probably your best bets. If you're willing to look at nearby states I'd suggest Tulsa, Oklahoma City University, U Arkansas (Little Rock), and maybe Loyola-New Orleans.

Lastly, I know that you probably don't want to hear this, but you should consider retaking the LSAT. You can get into a few places with your numbers, but you're severely limited. There's nothing you can do about your GPA, but if you could raise that LSAT to even a 150-155 you'd have many more options.

If you studied hard, put in the time, and still got a 145 then you also need to consider whether law school is the right choice. Law school exams and the bar are going to be much more difficult than the LSAT.