Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT 2013  (Read 1472 times)

legal_boxers

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT 2013
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »
Im slated to take the testr in dec 2013. I choked on it the 1st time, 2nd time was a week after my moms surgury (was burned out from that) this is #3, 3rd times a charm.I dont want to burn out and I want do to really well (Not to quote a line from a movie but they are no points for 2nd place)

I got the apps on my iphone which Im doing well on, but when I sit with the practice exams is where I got my problems. Im not doing ok with the logic reasoning. The rules is what gets me, in-out, sequence, etc. mind blowing and boggling.

help :(

LSAT Blog

• View Profile
    • LSAT Blog
Re: LSAT 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about your 1st two LSAT experiences!

I would strongly suggest focusing your prep on pencil and paper work, rather than the apps on the phone. It's a completely different experience, and Test Day will be on pencil and paper.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
december test be hardest ever.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »
Could not agree more with LSAT Blogger getting a few questions right on an i-phone app means very little. The real difficult of the LSAT is staying mentally focused for 4 hours and finishing on time.

In law school and the bar 3 days in a row of 8 hour testing is even more intense. Also life will always have a way of throwing obstacles at you and everyone wants to do really really well and get a 170+, but 95% of test takers can't score in the top 5%. When you attend law school the same will be true everyone thinks they deserve to be in the top 10% of the class and will be, but 90% are wrong. Just be realistic as you move forward and realize you can have a successful legal career from any ABA school.