Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do I need to get into Harvard/ top law school? Please help. :)  (Read 1007 times)

prospectivelawyer0824

• View Profile
I just graduated high school and will begin college in the fall, double-majoring in Business Legal Studies and Philosophy with a minor in Spanish. Are there any recommended majors/minors that are more suited for law school? And what does it take to get into one of the top law schools in the country/world?

Also, I just started to study for the LSAT, are there any recommended ways/things to study that you would suggest?

Thank you for your time!

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What do I need to get into Harvard/ top law school? Please help. :)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:04 AM »
A little late, but frankly there is no major that will prepare you for law school. What you need to do is focus on getting the highest possible GPA you can in undergrad and do not even think about the LSAT for the next few years. More importantly study what you want in undergrad for a career you might want to pursue. There is a good chance your desire to attend law school could fizzle out and if you took courses solely for the purposes of law school you may regret it particularly since law schools truly do not care what your major is.

Enjoy undergrad and get the best GPA you possibly can. Also take a few fluff classes if you can to pad your transcripts with a few easy A's boosting your GPA will never hurt you.

As for the LSAT don't even worry about that right now you will be dealing with freshman year in College and it can be a difficult time and you want to do as well as possible.

Good luck in your pursuit of a legal career.