Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my options?  (Read 1422 times)

Calilaw13

• View Profile
What are my options?
« on: May 22, 2013, 02:20:58 AM »
Just received my grade and in dire need of some advice.  Just received my grade and I didn't do well thus, wondering if I should withdraw from my law school and come back later.   Any advice?

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What are my options?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:21:13 PM »
The information you provided is too scant to draw any conclusions. Do you mean that you failed some classes, or just didn't do as well as you'd like?

Duncanjp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 12:40:55 AM »
Maintain is right - you need to supply more details. But I can tell you from experience, it's easy to drop out of school by telling yourself that you'll return later. In fact, returning later is very difficult. Probably even harder than pressing on. And the longer you wait, the harder it becomes. Quitting doesn't get you closer to the goal. Your personal situation doubtless has its considerations, but if you are able to stay on, and you really want to become an attorney, you may be better off figuring out what you did wrong and working to correct it than quitting just because you haven't had instant success or you've found that it isn't as easy as you thought it would be.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
Just received my grade and in dire need of some advice.  Just received my grade and I didn't do well thus, wondering if I should withdraw from my law school and come back later.   Any advice?

CaliLaw13 -

There's a (radical) response to Rising 3L in another thread. 

Does that advice apply to you?  If not, let's bring into the discussion why not, and we'll help figure it out from there. 

Thane.

PS:  The offer to 3L is open to you as well.

Rocketdog2017

• Law School- same task expecting different result
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »
Not doing well in ONE course is no reason to drop an entire PROGRAM of law school study. You overcame SEVERAL hurdles to get in to LS, don't let ONE thing stop your progress.

My .02
American Heritage University School of Law 1L