Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Doing better on second half of test...  (Read 858 times)

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Doing better on second half of test...
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
Hi guys,

So I have been very consistently scoring around 168-174 for the past few weeks. That is, until yesterday's whopping 161 on PT 54.

The weird thing is that, even though I did my usual warm-up prior to the test, I did far better in the second half than on the first. I got -4 on S3 (LR) and -0 on S4 (LG). Compared to -7 on S1 (LR) and -9 on S2 (RC). I bring it up because this has happened a few times before where I rock the second half and comparatively stink up the first half.

And yes, I used a 5th section that I placed between section 1 and 2 (PT 58 S2 RC) and ended up getting a -3 on it.

Any advice?

sts15

• View Profile
Re: Doing better on second half of test...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
Just keep practicing and learning from your mistakes. If you have been scoring between 168-174 consistently, you should try to figure out what you are consistently missing.  There must be a group or a difficulty level that you are hitting the wall with. Figure that out.

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Doing better on second half of test...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 12:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I actually really don't have a typical question type that stumps me... I've been getting 180 untimed for a while now.

What I have realized is I have been warming up far too much prior to a full test. I would usually do 5 or 6 full sections before starting the test ( usually reviewing a previous test). I stopped that this week (as I'm obviously not going to do that test day) and have had better results (much more stable around 170).