Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any personal feedback on Abraham Lincoln University School of Law?  (Read 1166 times)

r2_d2

• View Profile
Just looking for any personal insight on the school. I'd love to hear from current students or alumni. I'm considering attending the open house in April, anyone else?

Thanks for your time.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any personal feedback on Abraham Lincoln University School of Law?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »
Someone else posted a question about this school in June 2009.  Go back to the previous pages on this forum to see if anyone else has comments about it and send them an email.  Hopefully, they will still be around to help you out.
Angie

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »
I know someone who went there. She actually was able to get an indefinite paid law clerk position in the DA's office after graduating but before taking the bar so she did that for a couple years. No idea if she ever passed the bar though.

r2_d2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is much appreciated!

Leah Strand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 03:09:45 AM »
See there are other better law schools one should go for but in case You are employed for full time and have no time for classes Abraham Lincoln university will be the best choice.

lists

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
I am an attorney in the Bay Area and know several Abraham Lincoln grads in fact I was in court against one today. Well Abraham Lincoln get you a job at Cravath or Federal Clerkship? No. Can you get a bar card and succeed in the legal profession with a degree from Lincoln? Yes.

It all comes down to what your expectations are for many people Lincoln Law School is a fine choice, but use common sense if your applying to this school. Realize nothing will be handed to you and you will need to hustle to succeed. I know plenty of people that have succeeded from Lincoln, but I also know plenty of people that never passed the bar.

Bottom line is if you graduate from Lincoln and pass the bar you will have a license to practice law what you do with it is up to you.