Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic--fellow students helping each other  (Read 6682 times)

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mid-Atlantic--fellow students helping each other
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
hi i am a student at MASL I AGREE we should keep in contact with each other ..Ron A -BBA-   MBA

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
Hi Ron...good to hear from you!  I'll tell you how I am going about meeting expectations (and more) and then, maybe you can fill me in on what you are doing.  Basically, I am doing the outline as required from Gilbert's and then finishing the essay for each course.  Actually, though I don't feel that it is enough for me to learn the course well enough, so I also obtain MP3's for each course and outline those.  I also study each one as though I am to take an IRAC test on each with numerous hypo's and objective questions.  I also order a recent case book for each course, read the casebook and brief (color code) all of the cases as well.  To finish it off, I order the most recent "Examples and Explanations" books for each course and read them to obtain a better understanding of each course.
As I probably have mentioned here or elsewhere, I don't plan to attempt to take any bar (even if possible) so it is really for my own (enjoyment) as the reason I am at MASL.  Yes, I could read the law on my own, but I am the type of person that needs to be told what to study and MASL fits the bill for that purpose.  Of course, each person has own reasons for using a school such as MASL or Novus but that is mine.  As others have mentioned here, other schools (like many in California) would be better if want to attempt the Baby Bar or Bar Exam.  Hope you write back soon Ron!

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »
hi, it is nice to communicate with some one who is doing what I am doing.I am doing my work on Contracts.I am also not going to take the BAR.At 57 and retired I am taking it real slow but I always had a interest in law .LETS keep in touch what state do you live?I live in NY..RON

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
Hi again Ron!  Glad to hear from you again.  I live in Louisiana where it is especially difficult to attend ABA schools because all of them are in South Louisiana and I live in the central area (lots of money).  I am also retired, so study of law is sort of a "bucket list" thing for me.  I am almost ready to finish the Civil Procedure module and, like you, will start on the Contract module.  I already have the books and mp3...the mp3 I bought is Law School Legends with Epstein and it is very good if you understand "southern talk" (almost a language in itself).  Will keep in touch!  (Jim)

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
hi Jim,This is why I like distance learning .A Student from the  south can talk to some one in the east.We can exchange ideas and learn common things about each others different areas.Around here there are plenty of ABA Law schools, but you need a Ton of money .Every one  has better marks and gaining admission is very hard. NY AND NJ  may have a lot of jobs but being a lawyer is very difficult .RON   

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
Hey Ron...I forgot to mention that I also use the "Law School Survival Guides" which can be located via google or amazon.  I have all of them (except Family Law which is hard to find) on my Kindle and they really help.  They are fairly good outlines but somewhat lengthy.  Just wanted to mention them (they cost about $10 to download for Kindle but may be a bit more if order them directly due to shipping charges.
Hope you are doing well....I'm almost ready to send my Civil Procedure requirements in and will soon start on Contracts (I think that is where you are now, right?)

cobes1996

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 08:47:30 AM »
Calling all MASL students.  I just completed my first class (research and writing) and submitted my paper a few weeks back.  The issue I am having is nobody is responding to my messages.  I called a couple days ago and left a message.  I have heard stories about the director being out, but I was wondering if anybody else is having any issues.

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 08:21:37 AM »
Hi Cobes....Ron (Leadfoot on here) phoned the director a few weeks ago, got him on the phone and talked to him.  Director said he had been in the hospital but was ok now.  He is slow at getting back to students (I do not know why)...but, recently I sent in my contracts assignment and got notice back right away...now working on Evidence (almost done).  Usually, when you send in an assignment, you hear back within a week.  Please keep in touch....I sent you my email but if you did not get it, email me and I will re-send.