Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic--fellow students helping each other  (Read 7267 times)

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mid-Atlantic--fellow students helping each other
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
Hello vanceap3:

The title of the zip file is "2000+ Pages of Law School Outlines, Notes, Analysis."  It is on ebay.com and sells for $3.99.  I have it on my Kindle and I am glad I am able to study anywhere I go.  There are a few typo and grammatical mistakes in the notes.  But, overall the file does help me memorize the law.  I should pass the certified paralegal exam with this file. 

For the other poster regarding law school exams:  When I was at California Southern, I had to take the exams at a testing site.  They were similar to the exams I took while I was a first year student at Mercer University's School of Law (1987 to 1988).  Mid-Atlantic does not have mid term or final exams.  What Mid-Atlantic does have is a final project.  Before anyone receives a degree from this company, he or she has to complete a final project.  It can be anything from serving a term of internship under  an attorney to completing a thesis.  Mid Atlantic is administered by a company.  But so is DeVry University, ITT Tech, UMA Medical Academy, CTU, and hundreds of other schools distributed throughout the entire nation.  Many years ago, home schooling was looked down upon as well.  Now, it is an accepted form of education.

I didn't have enough money to complete Mercer, California Southern, or Mid Atlantic. I work as a security guard and I am divorced.   As a result, I have opted to go for being a certified paralegal.  I am getting experience by helping inmates with law issues by volunteering for the New Vision Organization. The only thing I [can] do is summarize court opinions for them.  Florida monitors the unauthorized practice of law vigorously.   I am a volunteer paralegal for that organization.
Angie

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:13 PM »
Thanks Angie!  BTW...name is Jim.  I will try to locate the 2000 pages, etc.  I think it would be a big help to me just to learn, even though I may not need it in school.  Wish you luck on the paralegal journey!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
You are welcome, Jim.  I plan to sit for the exam in September of this year.  I really want to get that certification!
Angie

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Thanks Angie!  BTW---I was able to purchase the 2000 pages.  I have them saved in pdf format.  I have a Kindle Fire so...do all I have to do is plug it via usb and switch the files to the Kindle?  Thanks for you help!!!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:52 AM »
Download the send to kindle app to your pc.  Then right click on each of the files and click on send to Kindle.  Then open manage your kindle on your pc.  Click on deliver to my kindle.
Angie

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:20 AM »
I think you can also drag and drop with your Kindle connected to the pc with the usb cord.
Angie

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
Thanks Angie..I will try both!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
10-4
Angie

vanceap3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
Thanks again Angie!  I finally figured it out...was having problems transferring to Kindle Fire...but finally figured out that I had to extract the files first....then it went through just fine.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »
I am glad it worked for you.  It is a lot of material to read.
Angie