Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thomas Jefferson School of Law?  (Read 3498 times)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jefferson School of Law?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
You win I am going to live and enjoy life continue ranting anonymously on the internet I really don't care that much. I really can't believe I spent this much time arguing frivolous stats with some random anonymous Internet poster.
To the OP remember take everything you read on here with a grain of salt. This is a life altering decision so opposed to listening to people who have never been to the school get first hand knowledge from people with direct experience. However, I am hopeful you had enough common sense to stop paying attention to all the ranting on this thread days  ago.

Anti if the job market is really as bad as you say I would spend a lot more time studying to get some kick ass grades opposed to ranting on here as much as you do. Good luck finding a job and passing the bar you will need it.

Taking your ball and going home, eh?

Maybe anonymous ranting isn't helpful, but sharing statistics can be helpful.  People can verify those statistics and hopefully make a good decision.    Could we paint a rosier picture with anecdotal evidence?  Sure.   I had something like 10 close friends in law school.  Each of them has a full time legal job.  SUCCESS!   But I don't know these people on this board.   Most of the "where should I go" posters have very poor LSAT scores, mediocre grades, and are choosing between terrible schools.   Most of my friends had 160+ LSATs and half of them were on Law Review.  We also went to the most dominant law school in our region (And still only 55% of students in our law school class had full time legal work 9 months after graduation, even though we were all sworn in 5 months after graduation.) 

This particular poster is asking about Thomas Jefferson LS.  A school with abysmal statistics, in the state with the toughest bar, in the state with the most law schools, in the state with a high cost of living.

So yeah, life is what people make of it, but I just hope these people understand that there are inferior law schools out there, and that not all law schools are created equal, despite your rantings about how crappy US news is.     If this person was claiming to have received a decent scholarship and in-state tuition at the University of New Mexico or Oregon or something, I'd probably keep my opinion to myself.   But anyone considering TJLS is considering an incredibly risky path.

Anti09

• View Profile
Re: Thomas Jefferson School of Law?
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »
Anti if the job market is really as bad as you say I would spend a lot more time studying to get some kick ass grades opposed to ranting on here as much as you do. Good luck finding a job and passing the bar you will need it.

Thanks for your advice.  I'm actually solidly in the top quarter of my class at a highly-regarded school, so I think I'm doing ok. 

I really don't spend that much time "ranting" on here, as none of my posts took more than a few minutes to write (having done my research, I'm pretty familiar with the statistics). But I'm happy to do it, because I believe I am performing a valuable public service.  The words that you and I write will influence the decisions of future prospective students, and I want to prevent them for making an awful decision.  After all, you and I will be the ones paying for it when they default.

Also, you have twice as many posts as I do and I have been registered on LSD for over a year longer, so if anybody spends too much time "ranting," it isn't me.   

But this was fun, thanks for playing.