Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tell me EVERYTHING about American WCL  (Read 903 times)

vsbaby214

• View Profile
    • Email
Tell me EVERYTHING about American WCL
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »
Seriously considering American WCL. Tell me everything!
What kind of atmosphere is it - cut throat or encouraging?

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Tell me EVERYTHING about American WCL
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
I think the best thing to do is visit the school for yourself. In reality every student has their own experience and I am sure you can find 50 people that hated their time at American Law School and 50 others that loved it. However, none of these people are you before making a 3 year, 100,000 commitment visit the school, talk to professors, talk to students currently enrolled in the school and reach out to alumni from the school.

A lot of times on boards like this you get a lot of bad information from anonymous internet posters often who have not even taken the LSAT, but somehow think they know everything about the legal profession.  Take any advice you recieve on this board or others with a grain of salt based on that.

I can tell you that typically speaking law school is competitive, but not outwardly at least from my experience. Perhaps back in the day people hid books etc, but now everything is online and you really can't do anything to interfere with what another student is doing. However, one thing to realize is that at pretty much every ABA school on the first day 100% of students will truly believe they are going to graduate in the top 10% of the class, but you don't have to be a math major to figure out that 90% of people in this scenario are going to be disappointed.

Anti09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37:23 PM »
Might be too late, but OP, please do not pay a dime for American.  Its ranking is a joke, and its employment statistics are absolutely horrendous.  Only 35% of it's class last year found work as a lawyer:

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=american&show=chars

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:22:27 PM »
OP visit the school yourself, talk to alumni, and get those who have direct experience with it. There are plenty of successful graduates from this school and plenty of people who struggled. The statistics do not mean a whole to since any educational opportunity has a lot more to do with the individual than the school, but do not take any anonymous internet posters advice to seriously any on this board or others is nothing more than that and Michael Scott explains why that is a bad idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZBg7qLzU8

Visit the school, talk to people with direct experience, etc whether you attend or not is a life altering decision. I realize looking at stuff on the internet is easy to do, but the information is often highly inaccurate and skewed. Mainly because for all you know myself or Anti could be homeless guys in a public library and just read the comments under any Yahoo News story and see how retarded they become anonymous internet poster advice is just not very good before making a 3 year 100,000 commitment visit the school and get information from people with direct experience in the local legal market.

American could be a great choice for you or a terrible one, but you need to do some real investigation before making such a big commitment.

vsbaby214

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »
Thanks guys :)