Law School Discussion

Well... I did it.... I started school at NWCU-- online of course

barprephero

Re: Well... I did it.... I started school at NWCU-- online of course
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »
I guess she flunked out within the first year. She never responded or kept us updated.
Or just got a life

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:03 AM »
The  Baby Bar is a requirement to transfer your first year of online or unaccredited credits of Torts, Contracts and Crimlaw to a Cal Bar school. At least for the two I am looking at transferring to. The score is 560 to pass, but each Cal Bar school sets their own minimum.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:53 PM »
So you've done one year at NWCU and plan on transferring to a California Bar accredited brick and mortar school?

Do you care to let us know why?  Was NWCU a test to see if you could stick with it before spending money on B&M?  Did you move to a location where a B&M is that you previously couldn't travel to in a reasonable time?

I'm not being critical (as some on here do).  I'm just curious as to why the switch?

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »
It's hard to motivate yourself in an online school.  I know, I graduated from Concord on Feb 28.  I took the bar exam too, I'm still a little in shock.  In 30 days I find out if I passed.  I highly recommend CLS, IF, you can stay focused, hold a job and study into the late nights and all weekend.  I am finally starting to get caught up on current events, and I read a novel on March 1.  So whether a person goes to a traditional school or now the online it takes a lot of your time.  I read somewhere on this discussion board that online schools don't partake in traditional activities.  CLS does, two teams sent to Moot Court competitions.  LEEP - is our legal intern program that puts 4L students into law offices all over the country, CLS is for real, at graduation they announced we almost have 2000 graduates!  I have a JD, and if I didn't pass the bar this time, I'm sure to pass it in July.  WHY?  Because I was pretty confident at this sitting, loved the essay questions, especially the partnership one.  As for the Performance Tests!  Who wouldn't want to argue the confrontation clause to keep out testimonial hearsay!  Yes, I loved it plus on a personal note, the name of the defendant (fictional or not) made me feel weird, my son's name.  I looked around the room looking for cameras and wondered who at the bar decided to mess with my head! 

30 more days!  Then I found out.  Yes, I will be practicing and loving every minute of it.  I can write simple wills, have extensive contract drafting background, have been assisting attorneys filing articles of incorporation/organizations in over 13 states.  Prepare hundreds of consent resolutions, bylaws, operating agreements and have been filing SEC EDGAR documents for the last 15 years.  I can and will practice business, family law, estate planning, real estate and now I want to learn immigration, my passion to help refugees all over the world.  I'll do that pro bono and I have tons of administrative law experience.  I'm 53 and soon to be a lawyer!

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
Don't keep us in suspense too long.

Online education is in its infancy, and the success stories keep the rest of us motivated. 

:)

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
I didn't pass the CA February bar exam :'(

I'm all signed up for the July test.  I couldn't believe the 39% pass rate on the February exam, I was shocked but I'll pass (HOPING JULY will be my final test) and be completely shocked.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 04:37:39 PM »
The repeater pass rate is even lower BUT don't let that get you down too much. The reason why its lower is that most don't have the time/resources to study as hard on repeat. If you do have the time/resources then you should be able to do better now since you have real world experience and know what to expect now. Just be honest with yourself. How did you do on Essays/MBE? Which sections did you do best/worst at? Did you type it? If not then DO TYPE IT on repeat (would you take your math test in ink.........if not then why this?)

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
I didn't pass the CA February bar exam :'(

I'm all signed up for the July test.  I couldn't believe the 39% pass rate on the February exam, I was shocked but I'll pass (HOPING JULY will be my final test) and be completely shocked.

First off, congrats on finishing law school and taking the bar. It is a HUGE undertaking, far more than most people con comprehend.

Lots of people who graduated from ABA schools didn't pass, either. Don't let that become a mental obstacle. Like Lawguy said, examine your individual scores and see where you did well and where you need to improve. I know that sounds obvious, but many people don't make changes in their strategy and that's why they repeatedly fail.

Some people have a tough time with IRAC, some freak out on the MBE, and others just need more TIME to prepare. Find out what you need, fix it, and you'll be alright.