Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Well... I did it.... I started school at NWCU-- online of course

(1/3) > >>

calgal27:
I took the plunge and finally enrolled at NWCU.  While I thought I would be dishelved in trying to figure out how to manage the classes and the workload, I give them kudos for giving us a schedule to work with.  They break up the modules into 4 week intervals.  That is a good thing so you can always read ahead and see what is up next.  I already have the midterm.  There are cases to brief (of course) terminology to learn... and each subject has aboout 100+ words to know.  Their biggest goal is to get you ready for the baby bar which I do not think I am going to take.  I do not want to continue at NWCU after my first year, assuming I get through it.  I plan to transfer to a state school that does accept students who have taken their first year online.  I do not want to be a lawyer or practice law.  I will be 50 when I am done.  I just want to learn and do something else.

There are some good websites out there with free flashcards so I did get some of those.  They are uploaded by other students and you can get them for free.  I actually found some by a student at NWCU.

So, we will see how long I will last.  I want it to work out but I am not sure I can juggle all the work.  Torts and Criminal Law are not that difficult but Contracts will be the thorn in my side. 

DeltaBravoKS:
Good Luck!

Please keep us posted along the way if it isn't too much trouble.

livinglegend:
Good luck one website that really helped me 1L was http://www.casebriefs.com/ just type in the case and it gives you a good analysis I would usually read this then read the textbook in the case it worked for me, but you fill figure out your own system.

One thing that also helped me were CALI lessons

Again good luck at NWCU it is not Harvard, but the law is the law.

If anyone says otherwise I always think this is a great quote

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor de

Marauder:
What field are you going into that requires a law degree? 

jonlevy:
Not sure how a transfer from an online school to a non online law school would work or if it is even possible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version