Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: School suspension  (Read 910 times)

BOYAN

• View Profile
School suspension
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
Hey guys, I have suspended one term due to medical reasons.

I encountered this question when filling the application forms: " Have you ever been suspended, expelled, placed on probation, or otherwise disciplined by any college or university for academic or other reasons?"

Should I say yes? I was not suspended by university, but out of voluntary choice. The way the question phrased seems they are asking for suspension due to disciplinary reasons?

Thanks!

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: School suspension
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
There's often two related but different questions: has your schooling been interrupted and have you been suspended, expelled, etc.

If you took a leave of absence or something along those lines that's not suspended even if you "suspended" your studies. If the school suspended you in some process you would answer yes, otherwise no. If there is a question about your studies being continuous or interrupted then you would answer appropriately to that.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: School suspension
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »
I would agree with Groundhoug there I believe suspended would imply some sort of judicial action by the school. However, to be 100% sure contact the schools they know far better than anonymous internet posters such as myself or groundhog. I would bet a substantial amount of money that every school would not consider it a suspension, but better to ask the people making the decisions all anyone on this forum can do is speculate.

In the end when in doubt disclose that is the best advice, but here I think it is more appropriate to call the admissions offices directly and get clarification on the question. Good luck