Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School  (Read 419 times)

Smiles33

• View Profile
Law School
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
Hi everyone, Currently I am a junior and am an International Law major.  I received a 3.0 gpa from my CC and I have a 3.8 gpa now.   which Law Schools do I have a chance of getting accepted to.  Thank You!

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Law School
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
There will be many options depending on what your LSAT score is. Whatever law school you apply to will combine all your undergraduate grades 3.0 and current 3.8 which I imagine would result in a 3.4 approximately which is pretty good. However, you will basically need to get a 150 or higher to get into any ABA school and 50% of LSAT test takers don't do that.

For the time being I would really focus on maintaining your GPA and getting an LSAT score until you have your official GPA and LSAT score there is no point in looking to in-depth at schools, because you really don't know what your options are.

As for the making money impacting your GPA etc when admissions time comes around I don't any admissions committee will give that much credit. People go through a lot during the undergraduate years and some don't is it unfair that some trust fund kid got a 4.0 and didn't have to worry about money sure, but there are also people that dealt with a lot more adversity than having to worry making money while attending college.

When you finally do get your LSAT score I think lawschoolnumbers.com is a good place to see what your options are. Good luck.