Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tampa LSAT Study Group for the Feb Administration  (Read 1448 times)

jrobsontampa

• View Profile
Tampa LSAT Study Group for the Feb Administration
« on: November 23, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
Hello All!  This is my first post in LSD but I've been reading this boards for quite a while now.  My name is John and I am currently in the process of applying to law school.  I took the LSAT roughly two years ago and did pretty poorly (a 143 if I can remember correctly).  Bottom line, my head or heart was not in it the first time.  I studied hard for a few weeks, took a prep test, but fell off during the last months before the test and bombed.  I guess that's life when you're not 120% committed. 

Anyway, I am currently in the process of preparing for the LSAT/ applying again for the Fall 2013 semester.  Save it, I know I'm late in the game but this is why I'm putting my heart and soul into the LSAT this time around.  I'm older and more committed so I'm hoping for better results.

On to the subject of my post.  I have been studying for roughly a month now and I believe that I could benefit from going through this with other individuals.  So if there is anyone else out there that is planning on taking the Feb. or even June LSAT, please post on this board so that we may get together and devise some sort of plan to conquer this together.  Two, three, four, or five brains are always better than one.

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Tampa LSAT Study Group for the Feb Administration
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
february test be hardest ever.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:41:39 PM »
I know you know you're applying late, but won't February be too late for the LSAT? Many schools only accept December. If schools do accept a February LSAT score, they may have given away many of the competitive seats.

However, applications are down this year, so that may help you.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »
there exemption for rodents.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
Luckily, I'm not applying!

jrobsontampa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
I understand taking the February LSAT puts me in a tough position.  However, most of my target schools are in Florida and the remaining out of state schools accept the February administration.  I am banking on the fact that apps are down this year and my ability to do well in February.  To be honest, I was just not ready to take the test in December.  I've been studying hard and believe that I'll be able to do quite well in February.  My applications are nearly complete and my recommendations should be into LSAC soon. 

I guess we'll see.  All I can do is study and kill it in February.  Thanks for the words, Groundhog. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
what, julie potted plant?