Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How does LSAC deal with withdrawals?  (Read 861 times)

eric922

• View Profile
    • Email
How does LSAC deal with withdrawals?
« on: November 20, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
Hey, everyone. I have a question about withdrawals and LSAC. I have two withdrawals, but neither of them are marked as failing or anything like that.  They are simply Ws. It's essentially as if you did not take the class.  I've heard as long as your school doesn't mark you as  failing withdrawal or anything like that LSAC just treats it as a neutral score. It won't hurt or help your GPA.  At least that's what it seems like from what I've read on LSAC's website.  I was just curious if anyone who had any direct experience with anything like that could shed some light on the situation. 

SaraJean

• View Profile
Re: How does LSAC deal with withdrawals?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »
I withdrew from a couple classes when I was an undergrad.  Your understanding of how a "W" affects your grade is accurate.   :)

eric922

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
I withdrew from a couple classes when I was an undergrad.  Your understanding of how a "W" affects your grade is accurate.   :)
Oh thank God.  I was worried there for awhile.  I swear the way LSAC calculates your GPA can get really annoying. 

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »
Your CAS report should show the withdrawals, but unless you have a ton, it shouldn't be a biggie. As the above poster said, they will not hurt your GPA unless they were withdraw(fail).