My cumulative GPA is a 3.3 with a double major in International Business and Finance from a state University
GPA within majors is a 3.7.. and strong upward trend of a 3.8 over the last 3 semesters
I am in the process of sending in my applications, but will be requesting a hold until mid-January because I am expecting a 4.0 this semester. I should add that this semester and the last I have chosen to take the maximum course load of 6 classes allowed at my school.
My 158 was very disappointing because my practice exam average was a 166-168 (I expected a 163 since I know no one performs as well on test day).. and the reason it is so low is because I put on an 8mg (highest dose) nicotine patch and chugged a 5 hour energy drink during the break. I have no idea how I was so stupid so please try not to disparage me for it - I was tired (Skipped my morning coffee so I wouldn't need to use the bathroom) and needed a cigarette and my friend who I took the exam with had a bunch of nicotine patches.
I was jittery, dizzy and almost threw up (Thankfully I only had a granola bar). I got 14 out of 23 LG questions wrong.. everything else on the exam was fine.. and I typically get -3/-4 for logic games
My softs include:
being the director of the campus radio station
having an international internship in Singapore
Played for 2 years as the lead guitarist in the house band at 2 bars doing weekly performances (once a month at each bar, twice a month at other venues)
a year of full-time work as a sales executive for a small event management firm,
French Hornist for my University's wind symphony
and some other work experience
Excellent letters of recommendation from three professors who know me well (1 is my adviser, the other, head of the department). They specifically said they would talk me up and give me the highest praise possible.
Here are the listings of schools I am applying to:
University of San Diego
University of San Francisco
Santa Clara University
I did not sign up for the December LSAT because i'm just not ready yet.
Could you recommend which Universities I should straight up apply to and which ones I should ask to wait for the new LSAT score?
Despite some having Feb 1st deadlines, they will wait for the LSAT score if everything else is submitted before the deadline (Yes, I know it is much harder to get a seat)
I will be studying ridiculously hard until then, and hope to score at least a 165.. but I wanted to attend LS in Fall and know I will be disadvantaged by the time this score is released.
Thank you very much!