Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good GPA, Low LSAT  (Read 964 times)

Shangirl478

• View Profile
Good GPA, Low LSAT
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
I'm wondering will I be able to get into Georgia State with my LSAT score. I have a good UGPA which is 3.72 but my LSAT score I'm not so proud of which is 136.  I really want to go to GA State and I'm thinking about retaking the LSAT.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Good GPA, Low LSAT
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »
To be frank I don't know if any ABA school will take a 136 unless you are a URM and even then 136 is probably not going to work. However, that doesn't mean you can't retake I believe the vast majority of schools no longer average LSAT scores so there is nothing to lose. Lawschoolnumbers.com is a pretty good site to help you see what your chances at a certain school are.

The good GPA will be helpful, but you should definitely retake. Good luck.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Good GPA, Low LSAT
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »
Take a look at LSAC's law school profiles. According to LSAC, the bottom 25% of admitted students at GSU had a 158 average. It seems highly unlikely that even with a 3.72 GPA you'd be admitted. If possible, take a prep course, study hard for a couple of months, and see where you're at.

If you don't see a significant increase, you may want to consider whether it makes sense to drop tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars on a law degree. If you have great difficulty with the LSAT, then the bar exam, MPRE, and even law schools exams are going to be very tough to pass. Consider this very carefully before spending the money.