Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Low LSAT but decent UGPA  (Read 689 times)

Mike S.

• View Profile
Low LSAT but decent UGPA
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
I am a little worried about my chances for admission to Law School. I studied accounting at DePaul University and have a UGPA of 3.47 and a LSAT score of 148. I would like to stay in illinois for Law however I am open to going to other states if needed. should I re-take the LSAT or stick it out with my score?

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: Low LSAT but decent UGPA
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
I believe most if not all schools no longer average your LSAT scores so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by retaking. However, with a 148 and 3.4 you can probably get into some schools in Illinois I believe Southern Illinois might be a possibility and also if you are a URM you will have a good chance at a lot of schools. Lawschoolnumbers.com is a really good site to let you know what your chances are.

If you did everything you could do and 148 is the best it could also be an indication law school is not an ideal option. The LSAT is nothing in comparison to law school exams and the bar exam is 100x harder than law school. If you really hated the experience of studying for the LSAT or the standardizerd test-taking it may not be path you want to pursue. A 148 is not terrible you still finished in about the middle of the pack of people who were motivated enough to go to law school, showed up for the test, and didn't cancel their score. There are options, but they are limited and whether you did everything you could do on the LSAT is something only you know. However, if you think you can improve your score go for it.