Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT prep course?  (Read 1217 times)

eric922

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT prep course?
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
I'm thinking of taking an LSAT prep course.  One of the lawyers my dad works with recommended Kaplan, but he admitted he never took one and was just suggesting it because they were the oldest company.  Everything I've read about them makes me kind of wary, though.  Testmasters has a full course in the Spring near me, and Powerscore has a weekend course.  Out of those three which do you all think would be best? The Testmaster course ends less than a week before the June 10th LSAT which is one reason I'm leaning towards them and I've heard better things about them than Kaplan.  I was just wondering what you all thought. 

Morganb

• View Profile
Re: LSAT prep course?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
I took Testmasters because I heard they were the best, and I am so glad I did. I felt really confident about the LSAT this October, HOWEVER I haven't gotten my score back yet  :P
I do know that they have a score increase guarantee, but I'm not entirely sure how that works. I have heard from several people that Kaplan courses are inferior to many others though. My recommendation is Testmasters. If you do all of the homework (which is A LOT) you will do well. Period.

jaycube

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »
If you are really confident about your test then it is an amazing thing very few guys have a situation like this.

SaraJean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »
I went with PowerScore's self-study materials, and they were enough to get me a 165.  If I'd been applying to a T1 school, I would have taken the PowerScore class.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
june test be hardest ever.