Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bar Exam Tutor (AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, MD, MI, NY, NJ, ND)  (Read 546 times)

Paul

• View Profile
    • Email
Bar Exam Tutor (AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, MD, MI, NY, NJ, ND)
« on: October 27, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »
I offer an individual, intensive, one-on-one bar review course for the bar exams of
Arizona, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland,
Missouri, New York, New Jersey and North Dakota., focusing upon the written
section/essays/MPT. The course starts in November/December for the February bar and 
concludes about a week prior to the bar exam. This period is twice the length of other
courses, enabling a careful and through review of all bar exam subjects, particularly
for a working professional.

I also offer a class for the Maryland attorney’s exam.  Candidates for that exam may
contact me for details of that specific course.

Each week I email a state-specific outline for a particular subject and former exam
questions on that subject. The outlines specify the topics from each subject actually
tested on the bar and the frequency with which they were tested. With this focused
approach, you will always be studying issues actually tested on the bar in order to
pass, rather than learning the entire legal code.

The student reviews the materials, does the questions and returns the answers via
email, for which I provide detailed diagnostic feedback via email, as well as additional
questions as necessary in order to maximize exam performance. The online email format
eliminates travel time and allows the student to do the homework at the time and place
best suited for the him or her, even with a busy work schedule. This approach has been
most effective for the many attorneys and other professionals who took it while working.

Rather than just memorizing materials, this active learning approach ensures all bar
material is learned through actual practice. By the end of the class, you will have done
40-50 or more practice questions. With this feedback-based method we can
determine, evaluate and eliminate any issues in your exam approach.

I am an experienced tutor who has taught this class to many students since 2002
having passed the bar in four different jurisdictions, using this method and
materials, which are updated to reflect new questions. I have also practiced many
of the areas tested on the bar. My methods and instruction are proven, based
upon actual experience and results.

Further information, including contact and enrollment details, can be found
on my website: www.barexamtutor.net

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Paul
barexam@comcast.net

jennid1234

• View Profile
Re: Bar Exam Tutor (AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, MD, MI, NY, NJ, ND)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
Your website does not have any student reviews?  I read an article lately that said there are a lot of people out there that tutor but if they don't have stats on their student pass rates, be very careful.  I am thinking about contacting the former examintion director for the CA State Bar.  He charges as much as 3G's I think for one on one tutoring.

If you are really GREAT, I would be interested in contacting past students that have passed the Ca Bar.