Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So my dad went to NCCU law school,  (Read 603 times)

DicedPineapples

• View Profile
    • Email
So my dad went to NCCU law school,
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:19:36 AM »
and loved it, and I was born and raised in North Cackalack, so it would be nice to go back to my home state. But I'm thinking of Howard or another top 14, if I can get into any of them. 

This is my first post so bear with me!  I'll graduate this coming December with degrees in Psych and Bio.  My problem is this, I started off as an chemical engineering major at a top Public school, my freshmen year kicked my ass completely; I hated engineering && thermodynamics was the BANE of my existence, so yuhh I didn't do too well!  Anyway, I transferred Uni's and started to do better in my new majors, and now have a 3.1-which isn't great, but it is what it is feel me.

Also, haven't taken the LSAT.  Is a prep course worth it?  I'm thinking of either getting a book and taking the LSAT in December, or should I just wait to take it in Feb, after taking this 2 month prep course that SMU law is offering? I know, I would need at least a 165 or higher to be competitive at the top 14 law schools, so its either go hard or back to the po house.  It's hard outchea in these streets haha  ;D. Any opinions on just studying from the book vs a prep course?

Also, I'm in TX, and if I don't get into Howard, NCCU, or a top 14, thinking of going to a public law school here, such as UH, UT (which is very good, but still expensive for residents), TWU, TSU (which is way at the bottom of list, but a faint possibility).  What are any of the career prospects for these schools?

Oh, && I'm a AA female.  Any advice/tips would be welcome, preciate it yall!