Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logic Game help?  (Read 1303 times)

eric922

• View Profile
    • Email
Logic Game help?
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any resources, print or digital, to help with the logic games section.  This is really my only weak spot in my studies.  I'm doing good and making steady progress in every other area, but these bloody games make me want to throw the book across the room half the time. 

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
Re: Logic Game help?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
I got a perfect score on the logic games section on the actual test.  I recommend Powerscore Logic Games Bible and The Ultimate Setups Guide.  I used those and Nova's Master the LSAT and Kaplan's LSAT 180.  Also, I did dozens of old LSAT's published by the makers of the test, LSAC.
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

eric922

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »
I got a perfect score on the logic games section on the actual test.  I recommend Powerscore Logic Games Bible and The Ultimate Setups Guide.  I used those and Nova's Master the LSAT and Kaplan's LSAT 180.  Also, I did dozens of old LSAT's published by the makers of the test, LSAC.
I've just ordered the Logical Reasoning Bible and the Logic Games Bible.  I do have one question about the Logic Games Bible, though.  I have heard some people say it is out of date because the games have changed since the book came out, but do you think the concepts are still useful?

Cambridge LSAT

• View Profile
    • Cambridge LSAT
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
The LG Bible is still relevant to recent tests, although some of the diagramming strategies (for Relative Ordering, or Pure Sequencing as they call it) are less than optimal. You should also check out the just-released 3rd edition of the Manhattan LSAT Logic Games Strategy Guide. It goes into great depth with each of the game types and is oriented towards recent games trends (equivalent rule questions, etc.).

jaycube

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »
What is the relation of logic games and LSAT studies.