Specific Groups / Issues > Non-Traditional Students

Academically Disqualified 10+ years ago, now wondering how to get back in...

<< < (4/4)

ChasingPaper:

--- Quote from: jonlevy on October 23, 2012, 06:36:50 PM ---I agree with Roald, try a Calbar school with no FYLSE. but first I would also talk to admissions at Cooley candidly about the situation.  Why Cooley?  Because it supposedly has about lowest admission standards of any ABA accredited school.  Any ABA accredited degree is always bertter than non ABA and a Cooley degree will let you take an easy bar like Illinois as opposed to the hard one in California.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, jonlevy.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I'm stuck in California and really cannot move due to family obligations.  If I move anywhere it will be to New Zealand once I retire.  The school I want to attend is a CBE accredited school so I wouldn't have to take the baby bar.

I'm still on the fence about all of it because I know just how much of a commitment it will be, and I'm not sure it is worth it.  Many of my friends from law school wound up in my industry, albeit as counsel and they make about 50% more than I do, and some are not happy with their choices.

I'm not sure if anyone else had this happen to them, but I had a few lawyer-friends try to talk me out of law school before I went in 1997.  I didn't listen to them then and I'm pretty sure the same people will say the same thing now.  I'm pretty sure that they will think I'm crazy to want to go back right now.....which is why I haven't talked to them about this idea yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version