Specific Groups / Issues > Black Law Student Discussion Board

3.0 career gpa but have yet to take the LSAT

(1/2) > >>

regulardude:
For some of you curren law school students and current lawyers....with my GPA what would be the absolute lowest estimated LSAT score I could get and still get into a law school? I know it sounds underachieving but I hate standardize tests.

avarist:

--- Quote from: wannabeblkls on October 15, 2012, 01:13:02 PM ---For some of you curren law school students and current lawyers....with my GPA what would be the absolute lowest estimated LSAT score I could get and still get into a law school? I know it sounds underachieving but I hate standardize tests.

--- End quote ---

1L is a year long standardized test. If you can't take that, don't go.

The score varies by school. Online and CBE ones often don't even require it at all. (but most of their students never become attorneys either)

Maintain FL 350:

--- Quote from: lawschoolsux on October 15, 2012, 04:25:37 PM ---1L is a year long standardized test. If you can't take that, don't go.

--- End quote ---

That is absolutely true. And remember, after law school you'll have to tackle the bar exam, the mother of all standardized tests. The LSAT is a joke compared to bar. It doesn't mean that you can't do it, but the odds are not in your favor. Study as hard as you can, be disciplined, and take a prep course (if possible). After that, if you score very low, you need evaluate whether or not going $100-200k into debt is worth it for a degree that you may not be able to use. Here in CA it is not unheard of to meet people who never passed the bar.

To answer your question, however, you can probably get in somewhere with as low as a 145-49. Cooley, Nova, Southern, and a few others might take someone with those numbers. Become very informed about your post grad options if you choose one of these schools.

regulardude:

--- Quote from: lawschoolsux on October 15, 2012, 04:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: wannabeblkls on October 15, 2012, 01:13:02 PM ---For some of you curren law school students and current lawyers....with my GPA what would be the absolute lowest estimated LSAT score I could get and still get into a law school? I know it sounds underachieving but I hate standardize tests.

--- End quote ---

1L is a year long standardized test. If you can't take that, don't go.

The score varies by school. Online and CBE ones often don't even require it at all. (but most of their students never become attorneys either)

--- End quote ---

Elaborate on 1L is a year long standardize test??

avarist:
Can't dumb it down much more than that really. It's just pretty much what it is.

Why do you even want to do this again? It dosn't sound like you have any ambition, and that pretty much kills the horse before it gets out of the barn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version