Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where should I apply? 178/3.11 AA male  (Read 1014 times)

holyip

• View Profile
Where should I apply? 178/3.11 AA male
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Trying to get together a list

I'm a CS Major at Stanford. Really bad GPA from fresh/soph year. Had a lot going on at the time, but not really anything I think adcomms will care for. Took a year off to get my *&^% together, and have been doing well since.

I imagine it is hard to predict because I'm a URM splitter. Please give me some: reaches, safties, and targets. Thanks.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: Where should I apply? 178/3.11 AA male
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
Long Shots: Yale (but if you have a really compelling 250--think "emotionally gripping"--go for it), Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley
Reach: Columbia, Chicago, NYU
Target: The rest of the Top 14, and you'll likely see money from Michigan, Georgetown and Cornell.

Form there, think about what region or city you want to practice in, and you can look at strong regional schools that may give you a full-ride. Leaving law school with no debt can be better than a fancy name on the diploma, if you're willing to put in some legwork with the local legal community.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Aldan55

• View Profile
Re: Where should I apply? 178/3.11 AA male
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:12:15 AM »
Well i agree with IrrX that the rest of the Top 14, and you'll likely see money from Michigan, Georgetown and Cornell.
Aldan55