Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Northwestern California University School of Law- Opinion

(1/3) > >>

calgal27:
This school is cheap.  The books are not current editions so for first year books, it will run about $250.  However, they are requiring you to buy the Home Study Survival Kit which was written and put together by one of the professors at the school (Fleming). I find this somewhat shady.  I understand needing books, but why must I be forced to purchase something written by a professor at the school?  It is a bunch of items to help pass the baby bar. 

Is anyone at the school and familiar with this?  I would like to hear some reviews of the school and if this package is worth the $525.

Thanks!

jonlevy:
Fleming's materials are well worth the price - likely the best study materials out there for online students.  I would not have passed the bar in 1992 without Fleming's help.

avarist:
As an ABA law student, I can tell you, thats nothing bro.

Most LawSchools require you to buy hundred of dollars of books written by the Schools Profs each tem to supplement the class books. (and often barely even use it)

It's kind of just par for the course.

jonlevy:
I might add, it's pretty standard in college too to have the professor use their own book.

avarist:

--- Quote from: jonlevy on October 15, 2012, 06:06:21 PM ---I might add, it's pretty standard in college too to have the professor use their own book.

--- End quote ---
Must resist urge to be Grammar Nazi on a Prof.........Resisting....... ........ 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version