Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To disclose or not?  (Read 605 times)

staciii

• View Profile
    • Email
To disclose or not?
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »
I have a few questions about things I'm not sure whether I need to disclose or not:

1. Transcripts: I took a college-level French class my senior year of high school. So technically, I have credits at that university. I have had them transferred. Do I need to request the transcript from the university to LSAC?

I took an online class as a student not seeking a degree at a local college. I decided to drop it but missed the deadline, so ended up failing the class. Do I need to send that transcript to LSAC?

2. Expunged Records: When I was 16, I was with a friend who was caught shoplifting. Since I was there, I got in trouble as well. It has been expunged though, do I need to disclose this?

avarist

• View Profile
Re: To disclose or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
LSDAS policy is to disclose ALL courses taken for attempted college credit, even if not going for a degree. (so disclose)

As for the expunged record, each school may vary. But if they ask (as they often do) for ALL arrests, even those not leading to conviction, or those expunged, then obey the instructions given.  -If by some fluke they only ask for actual convictions on record, then only give what they ask.

legend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
Re: To disclose or not?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
For the French transcript I would call the schools you are applying to and check that might just confuse them or include it.

In regards to the arrest absolutely disclose that it is not a big deal and I have known people that got into law school with DUI's, some pretty hardcore misdemanors, and a lot worse things than shoplifting at 16. The only way it can really hurt you is if you don't disclose it, but if you disclose it and come forward you should be fine. 

Good luck.