Specific Groups / Issues > Black Law Student Discussion Board

GPS 2.1 LSAT 169

(1/3) > >>

DrDizni:
I've gotten a 169 of my lsat but my gpa is low at 2.1,  because at one point in time I wanted to design engines that would work in outer space and wasted much of my college career attempting to pass physic and calc. I'm almost 40 and I've had a really crappy life rasing my brothers after my parents death that would make a good ABC afterschool special  if they still showed them  ;D. I'm wondering would I still a have a shot at attend a t1 or t2 law school given my age and background. When I say crappy life plz assume the mid worst.

avarist:
I see the suspicious trends of a lazy alt making troll................. :P

DrDizni:
What? I'm being very serious and I'm not an alt...

avarist:
fine (he says knowing better but bored enough to play along)

no you don't qualify.

you can make fullride (no tuition owed) at many T4 schools though. (cooley,whittier,etc)

Maintain FL 350:

--- Quote from: DrDizni on October 01, 2012, 11:34:20 PM ---I'm wondering would I still a have a shot at attend a t1 or t2 law school given my age and background.

--- End quote ---

The short answer is yes, you have a chance. You're a splitter (low GPA/high LSAT), and that makes things unpredictable. However, especially at age 40, you need to consider the cost/benefit of accruing $100K+ debt in order to attend a T1 or T2. With a 169 LSAT you may get accepted to a few lower-ranked T1s and several T2s, but you likely won't get much in the way of scholarships. Consider the fact that since you won't be attending an elite school anyway, you may be better off minimizing your debt and accepting a scholarship at a T4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version