Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.2 Cum GPA, 3.91 University GP, 148 LSAT practice exam  (Read 1535 times)

beenessa

• View Profile
    • Email
3.2 Cum GPA, 3.91 University GP, 148 LSAT practice exam
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
Hello all, I am trying to be realistic with my chances of getting into law school. I received a 3.91 GPA from the university I attended, but when they calculate my cumulative GPA (university combined with comm. college), it drops down to 3.24 which is a significant difference!! I have only taken 1 practice LSAT exam and I received a 148 on it. I am taking another one soon with hopes that I get higher of course... So, what do you realistically think my chances of getting into law school are? I am not picky with the schools either... Thank you.

avarist

• View Profile
Re: 3.2 Cum GPA, 3.91 University GP, 148 LSAT practice exam
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »
The GPA is ok, but you need to get that LSAT up. Keep studying.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 02:53:56 AM »
Since you only began to prepare for the LSAT, don't worry too much about it. If you study hard enough you'll get a higher score. Best of luck with everything! Where do you want to go to law school?

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »
One practice LSAT is nothing, don't worry too much about a single low score. What I'd be more concerned about is that the LSAT is not too far off and you've only taken one practice exam. You need to take dozens of practice LSATs, and if possible a prep course. If a prep course is not possible, use get some good study guides (Powerscore, etc). Take the time to comprehensively review each practice exam and understand why you got a certain answer right or wrong. Apply that knowledge to each new practice exam. Starting now you need to buckle down and dedicate every possible minute to prepping.

To have a good shot at SW you probably need 155-160. My understanding is that the SCALE program is far more selective, however. If your cumulative GPA is 3.2 that means your community college GPA must have been around 2.0-2.2? You might have to write an addendum explaining the discrepancy in GPA, especially for the SCALE program. Do everything you can to raise that LSAT, it's going to be the determinative factor in your law school admissions.

Good luck!