Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unranked Undergraduate  (Read 517 times)

fabx

• View Profile
Unranked Undergraduate
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
Hello! I hope you can help me with my questions
I'm a college student at a less selective college at a small (around 450 undergraduates) private university.
My college is a small regionally-accredited private university that focuses on online degrees but also has a campus.
It is not ranked except it's online degrees.My reasoning behind going to the school is because a scholarship that I got there, and I wouldn't go into debt if I went to a Public State school.

I have researched quite a bit and I know that HYS  (or more prestigious colleges) students would be preferred over me, however at the end it all comes down to GPA + LSAT.

Now my questions:

Am I disadvantaged that my school is unranked, and thus even if I graduated with 3.9 + high last, I wouldn't get into T10?
Or would it be a no-go because it is unknown in the States, except for its online degrees?

Should I rather go to a Public State school, ( maybe lower GPA + debt) but at least I would know that some people got into T10 from the Public State school? ( Only a few people went to law schools from my school)

I would appreciate answers! Thanks in advance

AlwaysSunny

• View Profile
Re: Unranked Undergraduate
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
What year are you in school?

As long as you keep your GPA up and get a good LSAT, you should be fine. It seems like law schools are much more concerned with their GPA/LSAT medians these days (because they contribute to rankings) and not at all concerned with undergraduate institutions.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
Re: Unranked Undergraduate
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:56:25 AM »
I agree with AlwaysSunny. It does matter a little where you went to school but as long as you study hard and keep your scores up you shouldn't encounter any problems.