Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study Abroad factored in LSAC GPA?  (Read 1366 times)

sbalashi

• View Profile
Study Abroad factored in LSAC GPA?
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »
Hi

I got a Bachelor from an university in Asia.

I went to France for 9 months ( 2 semesters ) for fun where I had very bad grades. It was not reflected and shown in my home university transcript. If you only see my transcript from home university, there is no way that you can know that I was in France.

I registered both my home university (Asia) and French university as separate institutions in LSAC.

I sent both French and Asian transcripts to LSAC.

Does LSAC use both French and Asian transcript toward LSAC GPA or only use my BS granting institution?

Thanks!

cooley3L

Re: Study Abroad factored in LSAC GPA?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
I believe that they are all factored in, but I think some have to go to a private approved evaluation company for review first.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »
I believe that LSAC calculates your GPA based on all grades received from all institutions attended.

AlwaysSunny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:35:57 AM »
I took summer school classes from a different university during undergrad. The grades were factored into my LSAC GPA.

The only reason that your study abroad would not count is if there's some complication with the grades being from a different country.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:53 PM »
I don't know if mine was.  I went to Spain for seven months.
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

cooley3L

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
I took summer school classes from a different university during undergrad. The grades were factored into my LSAC GPA.

The only reason that your study abroad would not count is if there's some complication with the grades being from a different country.
someone one told me that other nations (as if the world were split betwee just "us and them") tend not to use any grades, ever, at all.
It sounded like total BS to me.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:37:35 AM »
The grading system is different in all countries. Some use letters, some use numbers. Some use numbers from 1 to 10, others use numbers from 1 to 30. It may get pretty difficult to transfer grades from any country.