Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: go to FAMU with guaranteed job? please help!  (Read 558 times)

whoisthis

• View Profile
go to FAMU with guaranteed job? please help!
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
heyo so here is my situation. I can go to FAMU with a pretty much guaranteed job (my dad is a lawyer and him and his friends (other lawyers) said they could "hook me up"...do you think it is worth it?

AlwaysSunny

• View Profile
Re: go to FAMU with guaranteed job? please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »
I think that's really a personal decision. Do you want to work in your current location? Do you want to work with your father or his friends? If so, the best location is probably one where you've already got connections.

cooley3L

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
heyo so here is my situation. I can go to FAMU with a pretty much guaranteed job (my dad is a lawyer and him and his friends (other lawyers) said they could "hook me up"...do you think it is worth it?
Don't trust your Dads friends to follow through, heck unless your Dad owns his own firm don't even trust him to follow through.

Just ask yourself if you want to be a lawyer. If so, then it is worth it and nice that you have at least potential backups lined up for externships and first year experience.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »
If this is what you want to do, be a lawyer, you could try it out. I myself am reluctant to work with family but if you and your dad have a good relationship, it can be a good start for your career.