Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lawyer Making Products  (Read 10195 times)

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
Lawyer Making Products
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
When you purchase the LSAT and apply to law school are you buying extraneous "lawyer making products" too?  Because I did that in 2007 and now, 5 years later, it feels like I downloaded lawyer making software in my body.
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

cooley3L

Re: Lawyer Making Products
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
When you purchase the LSAT and apply to law school are you buying extraneous "lawyer making products" too?  Because I did that in 2007 and now, 5 years later, it feels like I downloaded lawyer making software in my body.
???
You mean you changed your outlook since then?

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
Yeah, kinda.  It's like that now I have auto-correct: I sense or feel when I am wrong and I automatically correct myself.  It's great! 
USC Law Dropout '07

cooley3L

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
Yeah, kinda.  It's like that now I have auto-correct: I sense or feel when I am wrong and I automatically correct myself.  It's great!
then why did you not "correct" yourself when it came to your law school experience the first time around?

what type of specific situations are you talking about?

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
???
You mean you changed your outlook since then?

Well, Cooley3L, I didn't sense or feel autocorrect when I was in law school the first time.  That's a recent development.  Now I do, and I think it's great.  I went to the University of Southern California Law School.  Back then, although USC was ranked 17th in the nation, I didn't really want to go law school.  Now I appreciate the achievement more than I did before; and between you and me, Cooley3L,  I more or less "used" USC Law to get to California, and in particular Hollywood, so I could pursue my music career.  I like "'80s Metal", and many of those bands got their start on the Sunset Strip.  And that's what I wanted to do.  Besides, when I was in law school, I was playing guitar a lot; not really focusing on school work.  And I was depressed.  In fact, I went to a shrink in Los Angeles and she diagnosed me with depression.  So, that factored into it as well.

Now, I am no longer depressed and I want to go back to law school and focus on school work. 
USC Law Dropout '07

cooley3L

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
huh, ok then. Makes more sense.

Best of luck to you. Sounds like you already had the skills, all you needed was your head in teh game. Now that you've got that, you should be set to go. If you left on good terms, your old school should take you back. If not, another will if you apply around.

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:32 AM »
What do you mean by extraneous lawyer making products ? I did buy books to study for the LSAT but I don't feel like a real lawyer yet.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
By that I mean something, like, for taking the LSAT, and buying the affordable and effective study guides by Powerscore, Kaplan, and ARCO--and paying for the easy-to-use LSAC services--it feels like I downloaded auto-correct in my head.  For only $1,000, I can read and write way better than before.  And that's priceless.
USC Law Dropout '07

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 03:19:30 AM »
Oh, I understand now. Well, if they really helped you it must be worth buying them. I only have a few books bought and was thinking of a prep course but that's it.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
Yeah, I think the study guides helped.  It was NOVA, not ARCO, though.
USC Law Dropout '07