Deciding Where to Go > General board for soon-to-be 1Ls

Lawyer Making Products

(1/2) > >>

Nathaniel:
When you purchase the LSAT and apply to law school are you buying extraneous "lawyer making products" too?  Because I did that in 2007 and now, 5 years later, it feels like I downloaded lawyer making software in my body.

cooley3L:

--- Quote from: Nathaniel on September 11, 2012, 04:56:41 PM ---When you purchase the LSAT and apply to law school are you buying extraneous "lawyer making products" too?  Because I did that in 2007 and now, 5 years later, it feels like I downloaded lawyer making software in my body.

--- End quote ---
???
You mean you changed your outlook since then?

Nathaniel:
Yeah, kinda.  It's like that now I have auto-correct: I sense or feel when I am wrong and I automatically correct myself.  It's great! 

cooley3L:

--- Quote from: Nathaniel on September 12, 2012, 03:18:59 PM ---Yeah, kinda.  It's like that now I have auto-correct: I sense or feel when I am wrong and I automatically correct myself.  It's great!

--- End quote ---
then why did you not "correct" yourself when it came to your law school experience the first time around?

what type of specific situations are you talking about?

Nathaniel:

--- Quote from: cooley3L on September 11, 2012, 05:03:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nathaniel on September 11, 2012, 04:56:41 PM ---When you purchase the LSAT and apply to law school are you buying extraneous "lawyer making products" too?  Because I did that in 2007 and now, 5 years later, it feels like I downloaded lawyer making software in my body.

--- End quote ---
???
You mean you changed your outlook since then?

--- End quote ---

Well, Cooley3L, I didn't sense or feel autocorrect when I was in law school the first time.  That's a recent development.  Now I do, and I think it's great.  I went to the University of Southern California Law School.  Back then, although USC was ranked 17th in the nation, I didn't really want to go law school.  Now I appreciate the achievement more than I did before; and between you and me, Cooley3L,  I more or less "used" USC Law to get to California, and in particular Hollywood, so I could pursue my music career.  I like "'80s Metal", and many of those bands got their start on the Sunset Strip.  And that's what I wanted to do.  Besides, when I was in law school, I was playing guitar a lot; not really focusing on school work.  And I was depressed.  In fact, I went to a shrink in Los Angeles and she diagnosed me with depression.  So, that factored into it as well.

Now, I am no longer depressed and I want to go back to law school and focus on school work. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version