Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsat was much higher percentage wise than sat, need addendum?  (Read 606 times)

miriahstigan

• View Profile
lsat was much higher percentage wise than sat, need addendum?
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
after reading thousands of posts about the pretty high general correlation between sat and lsat scores..

if someone took the lsat and their score was much higher (percentage wise) than their sat score, would they have to write an addendum to justify themselves during admissions?  i don't think law schools even see your SAT (right?) but i wonder because I've read that if you've taken the lsat twice and the scores are very different (8 points apart or more) that you have to write an addendum to explain yourself, so that got me thinking about sat scores

is it even an issue at all or am i being absolutely ridiculous?

AlwaysSunny

• View Profile
Re: lsat was much higher percentage wise than sat, need addendum?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
Not necessary. I haven't even heard of a law school asking for your SAT.

cooley3L

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
If there is a corelation, (and I havn't heard that there is, but if there is) it just means that people who tend to do good on standardized test A, tend to good on standardized test B. That's all.

People with a 4.0 GPA probably have a correlation to a higher LSAT score too, but if you have a 2.1 GPA and somehow pull a 177 LSAT, no need to explain, just thank God and be happy about it.

cooley3L

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
Not necessary. I haven't even heard of a law school asking for your SAT.
havn't end heard? How many have you applied to?

(and no, they don't, ever)