Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Engineering for Law School  (Read 393 times)

jchan95

• View Profile
    • Email
Best Engineering for Law School
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
I know I am definitely going to do engineering, but I'm wondering which engineering major would be best fit for a top 10 law school.  I have considered computer science and engineering, engineering mathematics and statistics, or industrial engineering.  Which of these would be the best for me ? 

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Engineering for Law School
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
The common condenses seems to be that GPA matters FAR more than degree for admissions into law school.

As a general rule of thumb, math, science and engineering programs are often thought to be more difficult to maintain a top GPA compared to 'softer' fields. This is not to say that one should not pursue such fields, but you should be aware that failing to maintain a strong GPA could seriously hurt your chances at admission to a top law school.

With this in mind, when choosing a tougher path through undergrad, select a field that you have a passion for. Hopefully this will provide you with the motivation necessary to stay on top of your coursework, helping to keep your GPA in a range that will give you a shot at the schools that you are interested in.

Happy Hunting,