Specific Groups / Issues > Non-Traditional Students

Question from a dismissed law student of Western State College of Law at Argosy

<< < (4/4)

jonlevy:
I am not impressed by AHU, I turned down an instructor's gig with them several years ago.  My guess is that they cater to foreign students  who do not know any better. 

LegalFielder:
Uzziyah -- Thank you for the information and your help, it's really nice of you to try and help me. Also, thank you for your service to this country. 

Unfortunately, as the two comments above point out, AHU might not be the best option for me.  I would also suggest that you speak with the Dean again and ask about bar preparation provided by the school and the opportunities for employment post-graduation.  Don't make the same mistake as I did and just enroll into a law school because it seems like it might be a good fit.  I am absolutely not saying that if you attend AHU that you will not pass the Baby Bar and California Bar Exam, but as a law student you want to put yourself in the best position to succeed in already highly competitive field.

Let us know what the dean says when you with him/her.

jonlevy:
If you go the distance learning route, you want a school that not only has a bar pass rate history but can point to actively practicing attorney grads - Concord and Taft can do that as can others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version