Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FYLSE or FYLSX - passed? today CA BAR releases June 2012 results  (Read 4707 times)

jennid1234

• View Profile
Anyone know if this information will be available online or do I have to wait for snail mail?  When I check my admission status the message is:  The status screens is under maintenance.

Aries25

• Nina
    • View Profile
Re: FYLSE or FYLSX - passed? today CA BAR releases June 2012 results
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
So Jennid1234, did you pass???

jennid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
nope, I didn't  :-[

I'm taking it again in October and studying harder to address what I know are my unknown's. 

Aries25

• Nina
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that...

I just got excepted into Concord today, I start on September 4th...

Do you feel like what you learned at Concord, wasn't enough?

Do they give you a score to let you know how close you were or do they just give you a pass/fail grade?

jennid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
Concord was wonderful in preparing all of us and I was so close to passing it wasn't funny.  Reason I didn't pass? I didn't start studying soon enough for the test (started the 2nd week in May, put my 2nd classes on hold), I work full time and I knew I might not pass on the first try, yet I thought I passed after I finished the test too, so it was a bit of a disappointment.  My suggestion is KNOW the rule statements for Crim Law, Contracts and Torts so that you may type them in less 2 hours, practice outlining past essays posted on Ca Bar website and, in addition to the MPC you receive from your 1L studies and the Concord First Program, practice as many multiple choice questions as possible.  The pass rate is low but if everyone on the next test scores really high on the mpc then the percentage degree of difficulty comparison will lower my score again - it's a gamble but I'm already into studying and Concord has a Second Time Sucess program to help us. 

Aries25

• Nina
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »
Good luck on your exam in October! I'm sure you will do great this time around... Also, I think it's really great that Concord has a program to assist you in excelling on this exam.

lawguy2b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »
To Aires 25-I went to Concord and I suggest you buy the study cards from barcards.com for the Baby Bar.  Cost about $30, and start memorizing these cards from day one, they are the rules, and you will have a better chance of passing the FYLSE.  I asked an instructor what should I memorize and did not receive an answer other than learn your outlines.  I used the bar cards in our weekly class and they are what you need to know for the substantive law part of the exam.  Write as many essays as you can and get rid of the useless info in a fact pattern-or the essay question. Hope this helps and don't get behind in your studies or memorizing or you're done.  This is an expensive venture if you don't keep up with the modules.

Uzziyah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
Please provide another source for the cards you recommended... I could not find Barcard.com

Cher1300

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
Law in a Flash cards are also great for learning the rules in addition to some silly hypos to help re-enforce the material.   I didn't take the FYLSE, but they really helped with first-year exams and I've purchased them for second year also.

jennid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
So as a follow-up, I needed to fail the first time.  I PASSED the october FYLSE - don't know the score yet, snail mail;)