Specific Groups / Issues > Non-Traditional Students

FYLSE or FYLSX - passed? today CA BAR releases June 2012 results

<< < (3/5) > >>

Groundhog:

--- Quote from: jennid1234 on December 14, 2012, 02:15:09 PM ---So as a follow-up, I needed to fail the first time.  I PASSED the october FYLSE - don't know the score yet, snail mail;)

--- End quote ---
Congratulations!

Cher1300:

--- Quote from: jennid1234 on December 14, 2012, 02:15:09 PM ---So as a follow-up, I needed to fail the first time.  I PASSED the october FYLSE - don't know the score yet, snail mail;)

--- End quote ---

Congratulations!

jennid1234:
FYLSE - results are out for the June test!  I'm curious to hear about the results.

Anyone know if they know people who passed it? It is a hard test, was it similar to October's.  The 2012 test in June was very hard but if I took it today, I think I'd pass it!  Studying is everything, practice does make those IRAC writings seem to flow more easily and my rule statements? I have not forgotten one, all the way to remdies for breach of contract, UCC, offer, acceptance, ETC.  Torts was fun, especially intentional batteries, can't imagine not having intent when angry enough to hit my boss (LOL and JK) but I still dream fact patterns with murder - they always test on murder.  I never dreamed of that before law school - brings out the criminal in us all.  But now I'm in the most wonderful classes and GET IT - evidence, professional responsibility, corporations and legal analysis - getting ready to write a BRIEF! 

I passed that FYLSE last October.  548 took the test and only 86 passed, 99 second timers from Concord (CLS) took it and 13 passed.  I was one of the 13;)  It is a hard test for nontraditional part time students.  I'm 51, 4 months to go and I finish my third year at CLS.  I have books to start studying for the BAR EXAM and I am starting this weekend with practice essays and multiple choice questionsg.  I will take the exam in Feb of 2015, just after finishing my year four at CLS.  Well, this year 28 CLS students took the bar exam in FEB, 8 passed.  I can do it, I can;)  LOL, stressed NO, preparing to beat that test.  I sure don't want to have to take it twice.  CAN'T WAIT.

jonlevy:
The Concord results are not encouraging; Concord has the resources to get most students through this test.  This would indicate the Concord students themselves are somehow deficient in their study habits or simply lacking basic skills. such as writing and memorization.

jonlevy:
I also wonder if the State Bar stacks the deck, the pass rate never seems to go above 20%.  I wonder if the Cal Bar is purposely fiddling with the grading curve to maintain this low pass rate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version